- Release Highlights
- Known Issues
- Test Results
Apache jclouds 2.0.3 is the third bugfix release after jclouds 2.0 and comes with several bugfixes and performance improvements. You can read the official announcement here. To get started with jclouds, please see the jclouds installation guide.
Apache jclouds 2.0.3 new features include:
- Fixed compilation issues in Java 1.8.
- Completed the provider APIs in the DimensionData provider needed to support the Compute abstraction.
- Added the Amazon China Beijing region.
custom-data and added the
VirtualMachineScaleSet APIs to Azure ARM.
- Updated ProfitBricks to the latest API version.
- Added B2 native prefix and delimiter support.
Bugs and patches
- JCLOUDS-831 - Use the GroupNamingConvention to generate the names
- JCLOUDS-981 - Azure: remove mandatory virtual network creation
- JCLOUDS-1194 - Java 1.8 compilation issue
- JCLOUDS-1255 - Add support for Dimension Data
- JCLOUDS-1256 - Inifinite recursion in BoxConfig(File, Image)
- JCLOUDS-1258 - Amazon China Beijing Region Support
- JCLOUDS-1282 - Support custom-data in Azure ARM template options
- JCLOUDS-1314 - B2 native prefix and delimiter support
- JCLOUDS-1327 - putBlob with zero length Inputstream is failing on google-cloud-storage
- JCLOUDS-1328 - Update ProfitBricks to the latest API version
- JCLOUDS-1329 - Azure ARM extraneous resources are not cleaned up on node deletion
- JCLOUDS-1342 - Azure-ARM Virtual Machine Scale Set Support
- JCLOUDS-1351 - AWS CentOS marketplace AMI misdetecting OS type
- JCLOUDS-1358 - putBlob with zero length InputSteam is failing for aws s3
The complete list of fixed issues and improvements can be found here.
There are a number of open JIRA issues related to OpenStack endpoint and API version support: JCLOUDS-114, JCLOUDS-773 and JCLOUDS-1197. In particular, jclouds does not currently support OpenStack Keystone v3; the community is currently actively working on that.
jclouds would like to thank everyone who contributed time and effort in order to make this release happen:
- Jim Spring for his contributions to the Azure ARM provider.
- Trevor Flanagan for his continued support on the DimensionData provider.
- Apache jclouds PMC and community for verifying the release.
- Check out who has been busy on Open Hub.
Please see the discussion and the vote threads for live test results for 2.0.3: